– Never perform drag lift-can dislocate shoulders and give pressure sores. Pivot lift-can put pressure on back. Shoulder lift-can damage shoulder joints
– From the shower: dry arms and upper body, wear a robe, get them to grip arm close to elbow, grab rails not towel rails.
– From chair: brakes on, stand in front feet apart, knees bent a bit. Carees feet flat on floor, slide to edge of chair, one hand on chair, one close to your elbow, to reducae pressure. One knee bent between their legs.
– Always ask permission and talk them through
– Follow up the stairs and lead them down
– From bed: Move legs to side of bed, sit up, swing legs over side of bed, follow chair advice.